DD breasts with loss of volume; Possible to have complete reduction and replace with implants?

29yo female w/ DD breasts. Issues: Sagginess, loss of volume and large aereolas. My question: Is it possible to have a breast reduction and to replace my natural breast tissue with an implant that would take me down to a small C cup? My fear is that a breast reduction alone will not solve my current issue with volume. As well, I fear that should I choose to have children in the future, my breasts will completely deflate afterwards (and I hope that implants would service to alleviate this)

Breast Reduction/Lift Option

A few things for you to consider would be the changes that breasts undergo throughout childbirth and breastfeeding as well as chances of breastfeeding being diminished if incisions are placed around the areola.

Breast reduction patients sometimes choose to have implants placed at some point in order to replace upper pole fullness. A breast lift alone may give you the result that you want at this point. I recommend that you have a detailed conversation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person. Talk about your aesthetic goals and plans for the future in order to develop a surgical plan best for you.

Take care

A breast lift alone may be all that you will need to increase fullness of your breasts and improve nipple position.  A reduction mammaplasty can also be done and the excess tissue removed may be able to the trans-deferred to increase breast volume.

Reduction with Lift is Possible

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. Hopefully this has provided you with some helpful information on your options. Good luck!

Implants after a breast reduction

This is certainly possible but not necessarily recommended. If your goal is to be smaller, abreast reduction done well wiil achieve that goal. You may not have the fullness in the upper pole that implants could give you, but combining these two procedures carries more risk. You may want to consider staging the operations. See howyou look and feel after the reduction, and then consider implants if you are not satisfied. also, keep in mind that you may or may not be able to breast feed after a reduction. Hust something to consider. Discuss these options with your plastic surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You are probably best off to get a breast reduction.  The tissue you have can be used to auto augment your breast.

Implants combined with breast reduction

Combining implants with breast reduction is an option for those who are keen to obtain a round, full upper pole of the breast.  A better option for you may be a operation in which the lower pole tissues (usually discarded in breast reduction) are used to augment the upper pole of your breast.  This can provide a more natural look than with implants and eliminates the costs and risks of using implants.  If you do have children in the future, implants will not prevent cosmetic consequences from breast engorgement.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Breast reduction

An exam is needed to determine if a reduction (which will also lift) is enough without implants for upper fullness. If you are planning children soon, it may be better to postpone any breast surgery.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

BBR with implants

Hello. A BBR with implants is rare but is a fantastic solution for your concerns. The combination will give your new breasts upper pole fullness after removal of sagging breast tissue. 

DrBurnett#realself100