Can Coolsculpting on the abdomen after a tummy tuck stretch the muscle (faschia) repair by the pulling/suctioning device?

CoolSculpting Post Tummy Tuck

The CoolSculpting treatment only pulls in the subcutaneous fat (pinchable fat) and skin in the area.  It does not pull in any muscles, so you do not need to worry about that.  You should wait at least a year post abdominal surgery before treating the abdominal area.  Our office has treated multiple people who have had tummy tucks in the past and haven't had any issues with it.  If you are concerned, go to a board certified plastic surgeon's office who also offers CoolSculpting to see if this is safe for you, specifically.

Cool Sculpt after TT

I would wait at least a year following any abdominal surgery to have cool sculpting. I would go to a plastic surgeon office where they can check you, your operative report and see what you'd like to have done. Hopefully having had a tummy tuck you wouldn't need cool sculpting , so if you're a recent surgery make sure you're giving yourself enough time to heal. Good Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting on the abdomen after a tummy tuck

You'll want to first check with your surgeon before proceeding with CoolSculpting over surgical scars in general, however CoolSculpting does not pull muscle or fascia into the applicator when done properly so there should be no risk to a well healed surgical site.  Additionally, the new CoolAdvantage applicators use much less suction and will give an even greater margin or safety.  Find a local CoolSculpting expert for your peace of mind.

Kerry M. Shafran, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Coolsculpting After Tummy Tuck

You may not be a candidate for Coolsculpting if you already had a tummy tuck because there is probably a mesh in place.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting recommendations after a tummy tuck

First, discuss with your surgeon. You don't want to delay or disrupt healing that may still be going on under the skin. Some practices will try to avoid surgically treated areas. Whether or not the procedure would stretch a muscle may depend on how much fat you have and the applicator chosen. Patients with very little fat are not proper candidates for fat freezing as the applicator must be able to draw the fat into the applicator cup.Stay on the safe side and follow your surgeon's advice.

New applicators may be for you

That is a very good question.  I don't think the applicators would do any damage but there is pulling.  The new advantage applicators are my choice because they are more bowl shaped and don't pull as much.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. Cool Sculpting targets the fat above your muscle. There should be no issue in Cool Sculpting your abdomen if you have had a tummy tuck in the past. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

Once your surgeon gives you the go ahead after a tummy tuck, there is no reason that you can't have Coolsculpting on your abdomen- it will not effect the muscles or the fascia. Only the fat will be drawn into the treatment applicator.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

If there is fat and the muscle is repaired surgical or non surgical treatments can be performed. I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.