Is Coolsculpting on the abdomen after Tummy tuck with MESH muscle repair safe 2 years post open?

CoolSculpting® should not be a problem.

Thank you for your question. Having CoolSculpting® 2 years after a tummy tuck is most likely not a problem. This long after your procedure, your incisions and the abdominal muscles have had sufficient time to heal. Generally speaking, CoolSculpting® shouldn’t pose any threat to the corrections made by your tummy tuck at this point. However, there could be some extenuating circumstances I’m not aware of since I haven’t examined you. To be sure there’s no risk of compromising your mesh muscle repair or your tummy tuck results, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full physical evaluation. Best of luck. 

CS after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your inquiry. It may be safe with the CoolSmooth Pro (Flat Surface Applicator). I would check with a board certified plastic surgeon prior before using a "Suction based" applicator as you do not want to re-aggravate anything in the area that was repaired. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting after TT

You could possibly do cool sculpting on the abdomen but I would seek consultation in a physician office who would safely evaluate your medical history and where you want the cool sculpt treatments to assure it's safe for a suction based applicator near the site. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if it is the right procedure for you. All the best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD