Can coolsculpting help me? (Photos)

I am a 43 yr old and had tumescent lipo done on my stomach 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I am now left with a lumpy stomach that I am too embarrassed to show in public. I have a small lump underneath the bra line, and a larger lump in the lower belly area. My PS, refuses to admit any issue with the results. I am very unhappy with the way it looks and am wondering if coolsculpting could be a solution for getting rid of the lumps? Or will it just make the situation worse? Please help!

Cool Sculpting After Liposuction

If my clients ever have a less than optimal results we always touch up if that's the best thing for the client. I am sorry you're having that situation. However, if you choose to seek cool sculpting go to a place overseen by a Board Certified Derm or PS where  Certified RN's with experience are doing the cool sculpting. In my practice we are over 2500 treatments in and the RN's have been with us since we bought the machine. Look for experience like that! This ensures you have a person who truly knows how to place the correct applicator and what outcome is likely. Good luck and do your research. Best of Luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after liposuction

Coolsculpting can definitely improve less than optimal liposuction results. As long as there is fat that you can pinch (which you show in your photos), you should be able to improve it with Coolsculpting. You should consider more than one treatment for optimal results. Space them at least a month or two apart.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting remedy following disappointing Liposuction results

Dear Lal88:

So sorry for your troubles! CoolSculpting (CS) is a wonderful option for the mild residual bulges left following prior liposuction. 

After liposuction, tummy tuck or other surgery through the superficial abdominal fat (or elsewhere), scar makes it more difficult to achieve a consistent and smooth contour. Due to its non-surgical benefits, CS will target those residual fat cells left in "lumpy" stomach skin. 

As you have experienced, it is best to consult with a reliable, talented and Certified CoolSculpting Team headed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will properly examine you and provide his or her best recommendations for YOU. 

I wish you the very best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Can Coolsculpting help

I understand your disappointment/ frustration with your results at this time, however your body may still  be healing and remodeling.  Typically your body may be healing anywhere from 9-12 months post procedure. That being said, Coolsculpting may still be an option for you if you have areas of pinchable fat. I would recommend waiting a few more months to make sure your body is done healing and then see a Coolsculpting specialist, in regards to seeing if this procedure will provide you with the results that you are looking for.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Getting the Results You Want with Coolsculpting--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra

Coolsculpting would be an option, but I recommend a combination approach for best results. I recommend  combining coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

CoolSculpting After Lipo

It is always frustrating when we don't get the results we want after a procedure.  CoolSculpting is an option to finish of those area where a little fat remains.  You may want to wait another 3-4 months as there may still be some remodeling and healing going on in the treatment area.

Can coolsculpting help me?

Thank you for your question and photos. Coolsculpting may be an option for you but an in person evaluation will be necessary.

Coolsculpting treatment is a great treatment for patients who have isolated areas and want ~20% reduction of that area. There is no downtime and results can be generally be seen in 1-3 months.

Best to find an office in your area for an in person evaluation.