Are these considered tuberous, and what can be done about asymmetry? (photos)

Hello, There is obvious asymmetry between my breasts, with my right breast being smaller and the nipple sitting lower than the other. I am just wondering if they are tuberous or merely underdeveloped, how severe they are considered, and what could possibly be done about it. I am open to hearing all possible solutions; while I am not the most pleased with their shape, I don't believe I would mind it as much if they were at least symmetrical. Thanks a lot!

Breast Augmentation Options

It appears that minor adjustments to your fold/nipple position plus implants could give you a pleasing result. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your goals and your options.

All the best

Tuberous Breasts?

Your photos demonstrate modest asymmetry, but not tuberous breasts. 
There are pros and cons regarding saline and silicone implants, and patient anatomy and preference play a role in selection. The same is true regarding implant projection. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and go to your consult with all your questions written down so you don't forget to ask something. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Hypoplastic breast with asymmetry

Although not tuberous, your breast augmentation (with mastopexy on right) will require consideration of the same issues as in tuberous breast surgery.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

You do not have tuberous breasts

Your breasts are not tuberous.  You do need to reshape the right breast to match up with the left one and then you can add implants to help add volume.  It means that on one breast you will have more scars but it's the only way to align your nipples

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Not tuberous

To me, they do not look tuberous.  They are a bit asymmetric which is normal. Implants can improve their appearance.

Do I have Tuberous Breasts?

Yes. You have asymmetric Tuberous breasts. 

If you are happy with your appearance don't have anything done since every operation has potential complications. 
In looking over your photos you appear to have classic asymmetric constricted tuberous breasts. These could be nicely improved with a breast augmentation which includes a release of the constricting bands responsible for this shape which may be combined with with customized breast lifts and areolar reduction which would produce much better symmetry and much more attractive breasts. 

Dr. Peter. A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Breast asymmetry

From the pictures your breasts do not seem tuberous to me,  but there is clear asymmetry.   As with all asymmetries you need to decide what size breast you want and then adjust them accordingly.  Your options would be a lift on on the right (if you like the current size of your left breast) or a lift on the right with bilateral augmentation if your want larger breasts.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with breast lifts.

William Koenig, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

As I am sure you have heard most breasts are different and we consider them sisters, not twins. Breast Augmentation surgery can often help correct some of these asymmetries. From the photos your breasts do appear to be tuberous as they are a bit constricted at the bottom, meaning there is a short distance from your areoles to your inframammary fold (under your breast). You should be careful to find a surgeon that has experience augmenting tuberous breasts as there is a chance to get a "double bubble" and an experienced surgeon will be able to handle this best. There are little tricks that he will want to perform. Good luck and I hope you end up with a beautiful result!

Breast Asymmetry..... Possibly Tuberous?

Breast asymmetry is very common.  Sometimes it's more pronounced than others.   
The best way to correct your asymmetry is going to be a breast lift on the right with either one or with 2 implants.   

Tuberous and Asymmetrical Breasts

Those with #TuberousBreasts are ideal candidates for #BreastLifts. Also, women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume. One side can be tightened more or less than another. 

Often #BreastLift candidates experience more satisfying results by combining a #BreastLift with #implants to restore superior fullness. Such is called #AugmentationMastopexy. In some cases, harvesting one's own fat and transfering it to their breast can be an alternative to implants for qualfying candidates. The options best for you will be discussed during your one-on-one consultation.