Compression garment for gyno/lipo surgery reduction. (photos)

I'm 13 days post op. Had p/through tech performed. 11 days my swelling subsided drastically. I was told to wear the surgical comp vest for 6 weeks, next follow up is at 5 weeks. Just wondering if I can switch to an Under Armour compression shirt in the day/surgical compression vest at night? Need professional opinion please and thank you. As you can seein the pics, swelling is gone, just the odd sharp pain behind the nipple speriodically. Ty

Compression garment for gyno/lipo surgery reduction.

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs and congratulations on your results.  Depending on your preoperative appearance and the type of gynecomastia surgery performed you may be able to start wearing a compression shirt alone to aid with your skin retraction and to minimize swelling.  I would favor discussing this with your surgeon as they know the full details of your recovery.  Hope this helps.

Garment after Lipo/Gyneco

Dear gynosucks, 
Since you are only 11 days post op and your surgeon recommended wearing their compression vest for 6 weeks I would double check with their office before changing garment out for something else. The garment  you are looking to switch into may not provide the support/compression needed to get the best results possible. Good luck!

Compression garment

Each surgeon is different when it comes to a garment to wear or not after liposuction. Best to ask your surgeon. Good luck.

Gynecomastia post op compression

My general guidelines are for the patient to continue with a firmer compression garment for 2 weeks all the time and then switch to firm compression most of the time for another 2 weeks.  This guide may vary depending on the swelling and recovery of each patient.  I think it is best to speak with your plastic surgeon related to your specific recovery, and the technique your doctor used on your surgery.

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment after gynecomastia surgery

Thank you for your question!  I typically recommend my patients can wear an Under Armour compression shirt and suggest going a size smaller following gynecomastia surgery.  However, it is always best to check with your plastic surgeon to verify their recommendations.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Compression Garment After Surgery

I think there would definitely be several options for you to maintain compression at night when your activity and movement is at a minimum. With your swelling already subsided greatly, then I know that I would not have a problem with the suggestions you have placed here, though you may also want to confirm with your own surgeon before making any early changes. Look below for the instructions I provide my own patients:COMPRESSION GARMENT:  You will be required to wear a compression garment after surgery for the next few weeks. The extra pressure this garment provides helps reduce swelling and discomfort. You should not remove this garment at all until the second or third day after surgery. After that, feel free to remove the garment temporarily for showering or laundering.  We want you to have circumferential pressure for 4-6 weeks, but you may switch to an exercise compression garment when advised.