Complications from breast lift now requires medical tattooing. (photo)

I feel fantastic after my breast lift however I had a few complications which led to necrosis and a lot of loss of pigmentation to my left nipple alone. How long do I need to wait until I can acquire medical tattooing to fix the massive discoloration left behind and create balance between the nipples?

Breast scar Revision

I appreciate your question.

Wait at least 12 months before revision the scar

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Time

It takes perhaps nine to twelve months for the scars to mature.

This scarred area can be tattooed, or it can be cut out and revised.

Tattooing

Tattooing of the area should wait until the scars softened. This may take six months to a year after the surgical procedure.

Medical Tattooing Post Breast Lift Scars

Thanks so much for your question and I am so glad to hear how fantastic you feel. Scars do mature over time which leads to improved appearance. It is not recommended that you do anything with the scars for at least 1 year but I advise you to check with your surgeon for his recommendations as he/she will see you for regular post op visits. All the best!

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon