Do I have a complicated rhinoplasty case? (Photo)

I am curious as to how much I may be spending on my nose, and whether it's worth it or not. These are the factors: -First time rhinoplasty patient -skin is not thick -my nose is not overly large, just wide and shapeless This is what I would like to have done: -correcting alignment of top of bridge (it's slightly to one side) -narrowing top of bridge -slightly flattening top of bridge between eyes -defining shapeless, slightly bulbous nose tip (w/o shortening it) *Similar to photos Thanks :-)

Rhinoplasty complicated case

Thank you for your question. Without performing a physical examination and with limited views of your nose it appears your case would be a  straightforward rhinoplasty case involving realigning the bones and meticulous nasal tip shaping and grafting  and suturing.  In your area doctor Jamil Ahmad  is excellent. Best of luck in your endeavors!

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You would have to be seen in person to make a proper evaluation.  If you have thick tissues, it might be a bit more difficult to see the refinement as well as a thinner skinned person.

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for obtaining a narrower nasal appearance.

It seems like you posted before and after frontal photos of nasal appearances similar to yours. You may benefit from consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals

The noses you show are all very nice results .  Still a wide nose can be narrowed and an amorphous tip can be shaped and defined   So I do not believe that you are unrealistic in your goals but I would caution comparing your nose with other's results as every situation differs 

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complex rhinoplasty

Personal photos would be very helpful to give you good advice. In general, straightening a nose and making it more shapely are not overly complex maneuvers, however, it's important to think about the function of the nose. Sometimes this can increase complexity of the surgery significantly (if grafts are needed, etc).

Make sure you schedule with a surgeon who is experienced in optimizing your nasal airway as well so that you get a nose that is beautiful but also works.

Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Do I have a complicated rhinoplasty case?

A full set of facial photographs of the patient are required to make a determination about what can and cannot be accomplished with Your nose. Computer imaging on Your nose would be helpful. The thickness of the skin is determined at the time of examination. A crooked nose is straightened with osteotomies. The osteotomies will also narrow the bridge line. A bulbous tip can be addressed with suture techniques and  a conservative cartilage removal when needed. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description and sample photographs, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD