Looking to change the shape of my breast. Any suggestions? (photos)

When my nipples are soft I find that my breasts have a more tuberous shape. As well, my nipples are flat (though it doesn't look like it in the pictures, but the R breast is not fully soft). Upon stimulation my nipples become erect and my breast changes shape to a more rounded appearance. I prefer this look much better. Is there any procedure that can be done to achieve this more permanently? Will a nipple correction change the shape of my breast to what I see when they are stimulated now?

Shape of breasts

Dear maddie909,

Thank you for your clinical post and photographs. From the photographs your breasts appear quite normal but small. To achieve a more rounder shape, a very small modest breast implant may provide the aesthetic enhancement you’re seeking. There are various breast implant sizes and shapes and they can be placed through a transaxillary incision so no visible breast scar ensues or through an under the breast incision and most uncommonly perioareolar incision.

Implants can be saline, salt water filled or cohesive gummy bear implants, round or tear dropped.
As there are many options a consultation is in your best interest. Although fat grafting can provide a modest improvement in breast size perhaps half a cup, you need to have enough fat donor site in order to do this and results are not always as predictable. Some patients, however, find this preferable.
And my patients find that the 3D computer imaging or Vectra 3D that I’ve been using for the past 6 or 7 years is an excellent way to more precisely visualize the kind of fresh shape and contour they will achieve. This gives a very accurate prediction of the kind of outcomes one can achieve with different size and shaped implants.

The operation is generally acceptable, recovery is quick and is one of the more popular procedures that we perform.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck. To find out more, please visit the link below. Also visit the area of the Vectra 3D to see the kinds of predictive imaging that can be performed.

To schedule a consultation simply click on the appointment form on the website content page or call the number and a SpaMedica client service representative will be with you promptly.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. Your breasts appear small but normal shaped. It looks like breast implants could help give you the more rounded shape you desire. There are different types and projections of implant that you could discuss. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office in order to get a feel for how they will look. 

All the best 

Tuberous?

You might have a bit of a tuberous issue going on.  If you do n to want larger brassiest, sometimes just a circumareola reduction can be helpful.

Breast augmentation

In my experience, patients who have a small amount of sub areolar breast tissue that causes a little puffiness below the nipple when the areola and nipple are not stimulated and contracted, would benefit by a small implant to take up the slack of the extra skin and then a  doughnut mastopexy to put tension on the areola so that it appears and looks like it does when it's contracted. Although this may not work completely in all patients, in my experience it always makes this puffiness better. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast aug

From the photos, it doesn't seem you have tuberous breasts. An implant would give you more volume and a rounded shape. Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

While you cannot change the "shape" of your breast with breast augmentation, placing an implant to add volume will add needed volume to your breast and give you more of the round, full look you are describing.

John Burns, MD

Change the Shape of Breasts

Thank you very much for your question.

You do not have a tuberous breast.  You have a natural, beautiful looking breast, both when the nipples are soft and when they're erect.  There is no good surgical procedure that will permanently duplicate the appearance of your breast when your nipple is erect.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Nipple shape on stimulation

If the only thing you're looking to change his the shape of the breast when in a certain stimulated, constricted state, I would not recommend surgery. There is no surgical procedure which can replicate the action of the muscle on the surrounding breast tissue. Any attempts to do so are going to place a scar around your nipple, and potentially change the sensation and ability to construct in a natural way. To do so would be a big gamble. The only way to change the shape of your breast would be with an implant, which would at the same time augment it. If this is not something you are looking to do, this is a big price to pay just to change the shape. Discuss this further with your plastic surgeon.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Looking to change the shape of my breast. Any suggestions?

I see NO tuberosity. But I see wide set breasts with asymmetry to shape and volume. Best to seek in person opinions.

Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, because size does matter when seeking a natural looking result in breast augmentation. I ask my patients to bring in photos of breasts the size they desire, because there can otherwise be confusion because B or C cup can vary greatly by brassiere manufactures! I also utilize the implant in the bra technique, with several different implant sizes with a tighter fitting T-shirt to get an idea of what you will look like. Finally, I prefer to meet with my breast implant patients at least twice before surgery, so I am confident that I know exactly what her desires regarding shape and size are. I then have several sized implants in the patient's desired range available in the OR to allow me to tailor the operation to her needs. Be certain your surgeon understands your desires and you should do great as this operation carries a very high satisfaction rate. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD