Cellulaze. Should I be concerned about losing weight?

Hi there. I am seriously considering cellulaze. However, I am very sacred about losing weight. I love my shape but hate the dimples of fat! Should I be concerned? Also, can cellulaze take you from let's say type 3 cellulite to 1 or do you go down a scale?

Cellulaze and weight loss

Thanks for your question. Cellulite is fat just below the skin and can vary in thickness depending on your proportion of body fat and location on the body. To combat cellulite you need to restructure the fat deposits so they are more even and uniform, something that is best achieved with the heat of a laser. Losing weight affects it if you are losing muscle mass causing the skin to develop laxity but losing weight doesn’t always cause this. Whether slender or not, cellulite can be present. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

Weight loss before surgery is always a good idea. The key thing, however, is to be honest with yourself about whether or not you can KEEP the weight off. If not, then you are only going to make it more difficult. There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Weight Loss

Cellulaze results should not vary much with weight loss.  Liposuction and Smart-Lipo results typically improve with weight loss. Since cellulite occurs in women of all weights loss of body fat may not affect results.
Please use this information to seek advise with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Cellulaze for cellulite

In general, Cellulaze improves the appearance of cellulite by 60-70%, however, some patients can experience even more improvement.  Cellulaze alone should not cause weight change.  In patients with localized extra fat, liposuction may also be indicated.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon