Is this bump on the side of my nose/cheek normal after one month septorhinoplasty turbinate reduction? (Photos)

I have an appointment with my surgeon for my post op appointment on Tuesday but I'm kind of freaking out right now. You can see it's a lump on my nose/cheek on the right side of my face. Doc said I had the most work done on that side because I had no right nostril but I'm worried now. I had the bump there before surgery but it was one of the problems he was supposed to fix and make symmetrical on both sides. Not sure if it's swelling and it'll go down???

Rhinoplasty swelling

one side swelling after rhinoplasty may be a sign of seroma or hematima which can quickly be treated in the office. 

Check with your surgeon

Facial swelling

You obviously have more swelling on one side than the other. It is unclear why you have so much more on the one side than the other.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Still early!

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD