What can I do about an old bump from 19 years after surgery on forehead due to a cut? (photos)

Hi. When I was around 5, I had an injury to my forehead in India after being sliced with a falling object. I can't recall whether surgery took place or not, but my wound was closed. A bump had developed under the scar. CT scan and ultrasound done but it was reported to NOT be an osteoma or bone growth. The scar, along with the elevated area under it, make it very noticeable. One surgeon said that he wasn't sure whether there is a bump there, and it may just be scar tissue or forehead shape.

Doctor Answers 1

Here's what you can do for a bump scar--lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scar tissue can be treated with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.