Breast Tissue Removal as preventative measure, replacement with Implants?

Hi, I have had breast problems for as long as I can remember: cysts, adenoma, a mixture of densities a couple of cancer scares (including being told I had a suspected stage 4 carcinoma in error...). and a history of potential hormone issues. As a preventative measure, I would like to get all internal breast tissue removed and replaced with implants. Is this possible? What are the risks or potential outcomes? Thanks.

Breast Tissue Removal as preventative measure, replacement with Implants

Is it possible, yes, but the appearance of your breast will not come close to a natural breast tissue appearance. You will look like a reconstructed breast after cancer as the thickness of the tissue over the implant will be much less.

Direct to implant reconstruction

Yes, this is possible for some patients. You might be a candidate for a direct to implant reconstruction. Good luck.

Prophylactic mastectomy

You must have a genetic work up to determine whether surgery which does not remove the nipples will mitigate against the development of cancer sufficiently. There are competing views of prophylactic surgery and this should be explored in detail with a team approach. Best wishes on your journey.