Should I have a Breast reduction? (photos)

I've been heavy chested since I was about 14. I'm currently 20 years old, size E, I squeeze into a DDD although it is very uncomfortable. I've been taking general medication to help with back pain/aches for the last year or so and experiencing the pain for much longer. I've been recommended by my family doctor to look into a breast reduction. I ve tried weightloss programs but it has made no significant change. Based on my photos, would a breast reduction be ideal for me?

Should I have a Breast reduction?

This is a personal decision. However, the weight of your breasts may be responsible for your back aches. It is advisable to have a consultation with your surgeon.

London Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a Breast reduction?

Thank you for your question.  Considering your ongoing back pain and your photos which show large sagging breasts, you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction provided that your weight is stable and you're not a smoker.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

You are an excellent candidate for a Breast Reduction and Lift. With this procedure we will improve the size and shape of your breast and notably improve the uncomfortable symptoms you present.

Felipe Amaya, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes

A breast reduction would be a benefit to you for both cosmetic and functional needs. You have a significant amount of skin that should be removed with the lift

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Should I have a Breast reduction?

After viewing your photos, I think you would benefit from a breast reduction procedure.   Breast reductions are very straight forward and can greatly improve the pain you are experiencing in your back, neck and shoulders.  You'll also find improvement in the tension in your shoulders.  I have many patients who notice a significant reduction in headaches.  A reduction also allows you to fit into a bra better and improves your clothing options.

Most patients describe discomfort rather than pain.   Most of my patients are back to work in just over a week and back to exercising in 3 weeks.   Many patients state they feel the difference in their shoulders, neck and back almost immediately. 

After all this though, only you can answer the question as to whether you should have a breast reduction.

See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you goals and expectations.

Breast reduction

You look like an excellent candidate for a breast reduction, best to be seen in person to determine what technique might be best and review your goals.

Breast Reduction

Thank you for your pictures.  I would recommend a breast reduction for you to improve your size and shape.  The procedure will additionally significantly reduce your back pain.  

Should I have a Breast reduction?

Breast reduction surgery has a very high patient satisfaction rate. If you feel that they are too large for you, surgery should be considered. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Should I have a Breast reduction?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts have caused.
Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.
Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.
To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. And about the removal but it was are readily try not to worry to go to care
Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Avoid the use of subjective terms; for example, "C or D cup” and/or “ as will
in which lets you wife's small as possible"… these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people.  
WillI hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.