One breast larger then the other? (photo)

I'm 18 years old and I've noticed that one of my breasts is larger then the other after I lost weight. I'm wondering if my breasts will continue to develop, and change if I lose more weight. Or do I have to get a breast augmentation to correct the size difference? If I had to get an augmentation, I'd rather correct the bigger one as it's lower and the areola is much larger. So what would be my options there? Thank you.

Augmentation Mastopexy for Assymetry & Ptosis

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). #Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast #ptosis.
Often patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. Or, the procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired.
The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. Dr. Nichter and I use a short scar technique, “lollipop scar” or “donut lift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast Asymmetry

There are several options and it really depends on whether you want your larger breast to be smaller, your smaller breast to be larger, or a combination of both.  I often have found that OHIP will usually cover the cost of one of the breasts if I write a letter on behalf of my patients.  I suggest that you have them pay for the augmentation as it is more expensive due to the cost of the implant.  You would want your weight to be stable and to feel pretty certain that your breasts are not changing.  They will change with age, weight alteration and pregnancy.  The timing is up to you.  In general, patients with significant asymmetry are better off doing the surgery and worrying about the changes if they happen in the future.  If you are interested in driving to Oakville, I would be happy to see you.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training Program,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo. An in-person exam and detailed discussion will be required to determine best options for you and so that you can discuss your concerns in detail. It appears that a lift and potential reduction on the right could make your breasts more similar, however often both sides require adjustment in order to carefully match/balance shape, volume and areolas. I recommend that you explore a few different options with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast Asymmetry

Amelia
Your first step is reach your target weight and maintain it for a couple of months. If your breasts continue to demonstrate similar asymmetry, then it appears that all you need is a lift/reduction on the left side to correct the breast and nipple areolar complex asymmetry. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breasts asymmetry corrective surgery

Dear Amelia,
 Thanks for submitting your picture, though bilateral side view pictures would have been very helpful.
 From observing your picture, your left breast appears to be C cup size with level 3 (severe) ptosis, while your right breast appears to be small B cup size with large herniating areola.
 Breasts size selection is very personal, however , a C cup size is very natural and attractive. So, my recommendation to you would be to have left breasts Mastopexy (full lift - key hole) and right breast sub muscular breasts augmentation with areola reduction (donut, Benelli) .
   You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches, which is critical for the correct implant size selection. Let's assume that your chest circumference is 32 inches, to get to 32 C cup you will need implant with volume of 225 cc. For 34 C cup - 275 cc.
 As far as your breasts continued growth, theoretically, the breasts can still grow up to the age of 22-24. So, you can wait until that age, however, since I am quite sure that you are troubled by you breasts shape and size, it will be beneficial for you to do it asap. That procedure will be one of the best investments in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, your sense of femininity and shopping will be lots of fun...
 You have to realize, though, that not all results are the same because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experience board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                      Dr Widder

One breast larger then the other?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding breast asymmetry; based on your description, your asymmetry is quite significant. Much of what will be offered to you will depend on your physical examination and your personal goals. Some type of breast reduction/lifting of the larger side will probably be indicated. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Make sure that you learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with each option you are considering. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast asymmetry

More than likely you if you want them to looks a bit more symmetric you will need to have something surgically done. That can be an implant for the smaller one, a lift or reduction on the larger one, or a combination of things depending upon your goals.

Breast asymmetry options

A reduction of your left side would be a good start, perhaps combined with an implant on the right side.  Good luick!

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Breast asymmetry

Recommend in office consultation with surgeon in your region. A breast lift and reduction on the left to even out with right side. Small implant under the muscle to gain cleavage

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS