Breast augmentation. Do I need a lift or can I just get implants? (Photo)

Lift implants saline

Lift Vs. Implants alone

Thanks for sharing your question and photos.

Your situation is a common one and based on your initial photos you would benefit most from a breast lift.  In many cases a breast lift with implant can be performed together for your best result and ideal volume and shape.  I recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and ideally seek out a surgeon with additional qualification of membership in ASAPS the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.  

Best Wishes

Steven Camp MD

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Lift

Thank you for the question and you would benefit from a lift along with your augmentation as your breasts are ptotic and will not be lifted with implants alone.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast implant with lift

Thanks for this question.

It looks like you would benefit from a lift and an augmentation. This of course depends on your goals and your willingness to live with the scars from a lift. A lift can be combined with an augmentation in one stage or it can be done in two stages. You should have a detailed discussion with your PS to fully understand the pros and cons of each approach.

Breast augmentation. Do I need a lift or can I just get implants?

You appear to be a candidate for a mastopexy ( breast lift) with implants. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Mastopexy-aug is best for you

Hello and thank you for your question.  You will benefit from a lift (to move your breast tissue off your abdomen and back on your chest, place your nipples higher on your chest mound, and improve your breast shape) and augmentation with implants (to give you more roundness, fullness, and projection).

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Lift + implant

Thanks for your question.  If the nipples are near the bottom of the breasts, implants alone are unlikely to elevate them to a central position on the breast mounds.  Most of my patients will choose to have a lift at the same time, although a small percentage would prefer to have low nipples than accept the scars associated with a  breast lift.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for a full breast lift with implants.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided pictures as well.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lift and implants

Based upon the photos, it does look like you might need a lift as well as implants.  Best to be seen in person for evaluation.

Thank you for your question and posting an appropriate picture. Based on the photo you provided, you are a good candidate for a periareolar breast lift in addition to breast implants. In this type of procedure, the implants would be placed through the same scar around the areola, at the same time adddressing the assymetry. Please have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise with this type of procedure to get precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS