Breast augmentation. What can be done to fix this? (Photo)

I had surgery March 29 The left breast has been bruised up till recently and a little sore and a little bigger then the right - today i noticed an indent looks deformed and perhaps excess skin now - what can be done to fix this pics below

Gland sagging after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it looks like you are having a bit of separation of the breast implant position to the breast tissue. If the implant moves freely then you do not have a restriction problem. If you do have limited movement in that implant then you may be developing a progressive problem. It would be best for you to return to your PS and be properly evaluated.

Breast implant issue

Dear corinnemitrenga,

Thank you for your clinical post and photos. You are approximately 5 months post-operatively and from your clinical description there may be several processes that play to account for your observations with the left breast. You may be developing an early capsular contracture with distortion of the implant and the overlying soft tissue. Management of this problem would be operative management of the capsular contracture itself.
It may be that as the swelling has subsided that you’re seeing the edge of the breast gland and the underlying implant becomes visible at the indentation at the junction between the two also known as a double bubble and this may have been your smaller breast pre-operatively.

Hematoma could have collected and this could be a retraction of that hematoma collection.
The best advice is to visit with your operative plastic surgeon as they are in the best position to make the clinical diagnosis. A breast ultrasound may help elucidate the implant integrity and the pocket itself.

If this is a double bubble, fat grafting to the indentation in the lower pole is usually tremendously helpful. Correction of a capsular contracture may also be required if that’s the underlying pathology.

Follow closely with your plastic surgeon and I think you’ll end up with an excellent result.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below. Also review the areas on fat transplantation to the breast.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Breast implant issue

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what is the problem. It could be a capsule, it could also be sagging of the breast.

What can be done to fix this?

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person to investigate the cause of this and discuss possible treatments.

take care

Change six months post breast augmentaton

Thanks for your question and photos.  You may have some scarring around your implant.  Massage may help and you should return to see your plastic surgeon, as this may be a capsular contracture

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

Indentation after Breast Augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  At this stage of healing the breast pocket is well-healed and since you had persistent bruising and presumably swelling on the indented side it's possible that the bruising resulted in a capsular contracture causing the affected implant to migrate upward. This upward pull on the implant makes the skin at the bottom of the breast seem looser and redundant.  Alternatively the indentation may be the result of incomplete release of the breast implant pocket; a residual band of tissue may be making the implant fail to fill out completely.  As the other comments have suggested, massage is a good first step, but surgical revision may be necessary.  Your plastic surgeon can help guide you through this process best.  Good luck!

Steven E. Ozeran, MD
Lewiston Plastic Surgeon

Contour irregularity 6 months post breast augmentation

Despite your excellent photographs showing well the right breast contour irregularity 6 months post breast augmentation, an examination is still necessary to elucidate the cause.  There are a myriad of possible causes (capsular contracture, implant visibility secondary to thinning of tissues, etc.) with differing treatments.  I suggest you return to your surgeon for evaluation.  

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Since that side took until recently to heal, it may still be settling and may soften to hide that indent over months.

An exam would be necessary to see if there is scar tissue, lump, capsule, implant edge, fat necrosis, old hematoma , etc.  Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Breast augmentation. What can be done to fix this?

You right breast seems to develop a capsular contracture, which causes the indentation. Please see you PS as soon as possible to seek further advice. Which you all the best.

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Contour Irregularity

Thank you for your question.  The swelling and bruising of the breast after your augmentation could have been from a hematoma or collection of blood after surgery.  A hematoma after surgery could increase your risk of developing capsular contracture and contour irregularities such as the one in the photo.  

Obviously, the best way to diagnosis capsular contracture would be to see your plastic surgeon.  In the mean time, scar and breast massage may help.  

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon