Would braces or invisalign be a good option for me? What are the possible cons? If not, what are my other options? (photo)

I'm 23 years old this year and I've never had braces or any teeth correcting in the past. When I had inquired about it years ago, my dentist said it wasn't needed. I've since changed dentists and my new dentist has commented that "as long as my teeth are misaligned, my gums will never be healthy." I'm now looking into fixing the malalignment for health and cosmetic reasons. Besides the misalignment, some of the teeth are small and others translucent. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Proper diagnosis is key

proper diagnosis is the key to a good treatment plan and it cannot be done with the limited amount of photos you have provided. Generally speaking, traditional braces works for any kind of bite problems. Invisalign is more limited in its applicability. It may be possible that you may be a suitable candidate for Invisalign treatment of your bite problem is limited to mild crowding issue. To maximize the cosmetic result, often buildup of genetically small teeth with direct filling or veneer in conjunction with orthodontic treatment may be necessary. In such cases, a good communication and working relationship between the treating orthodontist and dentist is key to a successful outcome for a patient's smile.

New York Orthodontist