Botched rhinoplasty. Is it fixable? (Photo)

My primary rhinoplasty was almost 1 year ago. The goal was to reduce bulbous and overprojected tip. Now my nose tip sticks outward and upward. It looks worse than before I had rhinoplasty. I feel very self conscious. Is this difficult to significantly improve in a revision? I would like a more natural looking nose.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Hi,

It looks like you have an over-projected and over - rotated tip with too much dorsal reduction. The tip would have to be reconstructed and the dorsum augmented with either cartilage or other implant material.

Dr.S.

Bulbous tip?

Hi there. Thanks for posting here.

Yes your nose is totally fixable.  You need a secondary rhinoplasty. You need an expert surgeon. You may need graft material from ear or rib cartilage, but it's definitely able to be corrected.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

Revision rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish building up the bridge of the nose, reducing the  bulbous tip, and reducing the  hanging columella. The tip can also be attempted to brought back down and be de-rotated as well.

Revision nose

honeypot39, yes your nose is fixable simply see an experienced surgical specialist, preferrably one that does "only faces". Search on the Internet; look for someone with these credentials that has a lot of good photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botched rhinoplasty

I am very sorry to hear about your botched rhinoplasty experience. It appears your nose now has a shallow bridge and up-turned, wide nasal tip. These are very correctable but would require additional grafting material to give you a functional, aesthetic result. This would most likely come from rib cartilage.

Please keep in mind that revision rhinoplasty carries significantly greater risk. Be sure to schedule a consultation with a board-certified surgeon who is skilled in secondary rhinoplasty.  Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Rhinoplasty revision

It looks like you could benefit form a dorsal onlay graft of probably rib graft to elevate your bridge.  Best of luck.