Thank you for your question. The lumps you are experiencing are a common occurrence during the recovery period. The lumps typically smooth out over the course of the recovery period and with some massaging. Please make sure that you are seeing a very experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon as the efficacy of the injectibles depends largely on the surgeon's experience in applying them.Best wishes,
it sounds as if you should consult a specialist who injects with Volbella or Restylane Silk. It may be the technique or the product that you had injected. Some lines need lasers since they are too fine for fillers. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green
Laser for lip lumps after filler?
Laser won't help the lumps after lip filler. I use a laser for any bruising after lip filler, that's where you might have heard about it. Lumps are usually related to the injection and smooth out over 10 days. If they don't, they sometimes need to be dissolved with hyaluronidase. See link.
Lip injections - will lasers help?
Thank you for asking about your lip injections.
- I am sorry your lip injection results are lumpy.
- There is always some swelling at first but by 2 weeks, the result should be perfectly smooth.
- I don't think laser of the lip would have any effect - powerful lasers could burn the lip skin.
- The combination laser + injection sounds like marketing hokum to get you to pay more.
- If you are getting lumps from your injections, I strongly suggest you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your treatments.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Is it beneficial to combine lip fillers with laser treatments?
Thank you for sharing your excellent question. I am not aware of any laser treatments used to improve the lumps that can develop after filler placement as lumps can typically be avoided by performing careful injections. I would consider another injector if you consistently develop large lumps after treatment. Hope this helps.