Alternatives with high patient satisfaction for non-candidates for Brazilian butt lift?

I am 5'4" and about 127lbs. After some BBL consults, I've learned I'd be looking at minor butt gains with surgery. The new butt's not an option but this does leave some contouring work still possible on my waist and back, for more of an hourglass 'swoop'. What do you suggest as an alternative for these patients looking for an hourglass shape but without enough donor fat for a new booty? Any specific areas where lipo makes a dramatic difference? THANK YOU!

Body contouring

To give you a nice hourglass figure, you ideally have fat in you love handles and then liposuction of that area sculpts the hourglass figure.  There are no other 'areas' to lipo to create the hourglass figure.  If you have limited amount of fat, you may still be able to get nice body sculpting IF you have a small core and it's being hidden by fat in the right places (love handles and lower back) ;-)

Butt Augmentation

A butt augmentation alternative for patients that do not have enough fat for a BBL would be gluteal implants. There are many body contouring treatments available as well such as liposuction, Coolsculpting, and BodyFX. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Hello ValentinaKendall,
Thanks for your question.
Actually, there is a great option for patients who aren't traditional candidates for BBL.  I have a busy buttocks enhancement practice and perform BBL, butt implant, and hybrid buttocks enhancement (BBL + implant) procedures.
I have had wonderful success with aggressive waistline liposuction with VASER followed by placement of moderate sized silicone butt implants.  This gives a great visual offset between the size of the waist and the new enhanced size of the buttocks.  Recovery is just as long as a traditional BBL procedure but the results are far more reliable.  You don't have to worry about how much fat might survive as you do in a BBL surgery. Of course there are individual risks with implants that you don't have to deal with in a BBL surgery.  
I would recommend a consultation with a buttocks enhancement specialist who is experienced in all the forms of buttocks enhancement surgery, not just BBL, to better understand your best option.
I have included a link to a before and after picture of a hybrid buttocks enhancement patient so you can see what might be possible.  She had BBL to shape her waistline and recycle the fat I removed, then had butt implants placed for the final effect.  This patient was extremely satisfied with the results!
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Hello, half of the BBL procedure involves contouring with liposuction. The areas for contouring depend on what your anatomy is to start with. There are a few typical body shapes...and the areas to contour will vary among them. ...also only other option aside from contouring alone would be an implant in someone with poor donor fat. 

Butt implants

Buttock implants are really the only other option for patients that do not have enough fat for fat injection.