I am looking for advice on what is wrong with my nose. (photo)

My nostrils look like two different sizes. I am 28 years old. Any advice? Thank you

Deviated septum

Your photo shows that you likely have a deviation of the front part of your septum.   A septoplasty would be needed to correct this.   If you have functional issues,  insurance might cover the surgery.  You should see a facial plastic surgeon for evaluation.   

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

First, all nostrils are a bit different. Second, you may also have defection of your septum to your right causing what appears to be narrowing.

Asymmetric nostrils.

From your picture which I'm assuming is shot straight on, the narrowing of your right nostril is from the end of your septum pushing the columella over. Septoplasty surgery can fix this, however 2 warnings. Deviations of the caudal edge (the very end of the septum)  are difficult to straighten. Special techniques are often needed to accomplish this and unfortunately most surgeons recognize this type of septoplasty has a lower rate of success unfortunately. The second thing to note is sometimes when this has been present for many years, the medial crua (part of your tip cartilages) has become warped and it too may need surgery.

What is wrong with my nose?

It appears that the septum (the wall that divides your nose in two on the inside) is deviated to the right side and making your nostrils look different. this can be easily corrected with a septoplasty. If you wanted to change the appearance of the tip or the rest of the nose then a tip platy or a rhinoplasty could be performed at the same time. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Septoplasty for deviated nasal septum

A septoplasty procedure is required when there is a deviated nasal septum present. The very front most part of the septum can cause the nostrils to be asymmetric.

Asymmetric nostrils.

this is a common problem.   You have a caudal deflection of your nasal septum and  possible asymmetry  of your tip cartilages.    SeptoplastySeptoplasty combined with tip plasty can improve your nostril symmetry. 

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  You have asymmetry of the lower cartilage of your nose.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD