A professional and honest suggestion and answer on my rhinoplasty that I got 3 months ago. (Photo)

I had my Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty done for a minor broken nose. My doctor said it's an easy fix . All the work was done on the left side and minimum to the right, instead he had shaved down my left side to smoothen things out and shaved a bit on my right side with no re setting. Should I be honest and tell him that I'm not happy with the results and ask him to re vision to my expectation ? Is it possible to reset the nose after the first sergery to re straighten it ?What are your suggestion

Since you are only a few months out, you have  long way to go for the swelling to completely subside. Be patient with the results and good luck.

Dear Dennis Trojan, I would speak with your surgeon and be completely honest with your current concerns. Your surgeon knows best what your proposed results were, where you are in the recovery phase, and what techniques were used during your procedure. If revision surgery is determined to be a course of action then one should wait a full year before undergoing revision surgery. This will allow the swelling to dissipate prior to a secondary procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 3 months, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Considering a revision rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. I always encourage patients to talk to the surgeons that performed the original procedure first. Be sure to discuss your concerns and goals for moving forward. It is possible to perform another surgery, but most surgeons would wait 6 months to 1 year after your original procedure. Keep in mind that swelling in your nose can take up to a year to improve.