Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I don't like the tip of my nose and how it's very round at the end I want it more straight and narrow

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your question, From your photos you do not require a major rhinoplasty. Dropping nose, basic nasal humps and nostril asymmerty can be corrected with simple rhinoplasty procedure. simple rhinoplasty technique in which bone tissue of nose is protected during surgery which gives patient a faster and more comfortable healing period.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line, and refining the tip, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples,  please see the link and the video below

Tip issue?

You  may be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty, but you would have to be seen in person to determine what is appropriate or not.  

Good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Hello Angie,

It is really difficult to tell you if you are good candidate for surgery or not based on two photos. In reality, we are able to modify most noses a lot or a little depending on the needs and wishes of the patient. After a proper consultation and examination, your surgeon can address your concerns and discuss with youth can be done and how he or she would do it.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty will address your concerns

Hi Angie,

I suggest that you book a consultation with a board certified PS to discuss your goals.  During the consultation, after a thurough assessment and consultation, the PS will explain what is required to reach your desired nose. 

Digital imaging and modified before / after images will allow a very precise discussion of your expectations and the surgeons understanding of your expectations.  These will be provided to you during the consultation.

After you have all of your questions fully answered, the decision to undergo the rhinoplasty will be much easier for you.

Seek out an ASAPS / CSAPS member in your area to book the consultation.

Dr. Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what exactly to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS)   that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon