Am I a good candidate for chin and neck liposuction? (Photo)

I am a 20 year old woman who is seriously considering chin/neck liposuction. I am 5'6 and 120 pounds, and I have been lighter before but no matter how much weight I lose I have been unable to get rid of my double chin. It makes me very self concious and is very noticeable when I smile.

Double chin treatments

A double chin can be due to excess fat in the chin area, early jowling in the area, and a small chin. Liposuction and a chin implant can improve the neck line. Alternatively, Kybella injections can help improve the neck fullness. Kybella is a non surgical option for patients with submental fullness. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are various treatment options

Thanks for the question and thanks for including the photos – they really help. You need to make a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the various treatment options that exist for you. Then you can best learn the various treatment options that are available for you. This will include liposuction or laser-assisted liposuction; it may include Ultherapy; or it may include one of the more sophisticated RF skin tightening devices, such as the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, or the BTL Exilis.The RF will require several treatment sessions but nice results can be obtained.A new drug, called ATX-101 is now pending final approval at the FDA and will be used in this area once approved. Again, a series of injections are needed for it to be successful, but clinical trials show that fat can be destroyed and some tightening achieved in some that were treated.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction For Young Adults

From the photos you provided, it appears as if you are a great candidate for chin liposuction. There are also less invasive techniques that can be used to give you the profile that you desire. I advice you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has plenty of knowledge and experience.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and neck liposuction in Los Angeles

Based on your photos, you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the chin and neck. The liposuction procedure can help reshape your upper neck and jawline. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chin and neck liposuction

Dear Janegrey,

Thank you for your clinical post and photos. You are young and have a very appropriate weight and body mass index for you height. In this scenario, often excess fat and subcutaneous tissue of the neck is more of a hereditary rather than a caloric or weight loss problem. Double chins can be treated with modern versions of liposuction that induce significant skin contraction, ensuring that not only do you reduce the amount of fat on your under chin, but also tighten the skin. These newer and more modern liposuction techniques include SmartLipo™, BodyTite™, NeckTite™ and VASER® Lipo™. I have been performing liposuction for 20 years and over the past seven or eight years, these advanced techniques have afforded the best possible neck contraction and contour enhancement.

These procedures are performed generally under local anaesthesia with light oral sedation and a very small incision under the chin. These various techniques use laser energy, ultrasound energy or radiofrequency electrical current to liquefy the fat internally and create some heat, which also stimulates skin and dermal contraction. Generally, there is very little bruising and most people can return back to work in several days with mild to moderate discomfort.

From the photos, it appears that you are an excellent candidate for some of these modern techniques and for more information please review the link below.

At this point in time, it would be wise to seek out several well-trained physicians in the art and science of advanced modern liposuction and seek consultation.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

Sincerely,
R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Younger patients make excellent candidate for suction of the chin and neck.

You have to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the chin and neck. This is a procedure easily done with local anesthesia only.

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for Neck Liposuction Surgery.

Well-performed neck liposuction may lead to improvement of the appearance of your neck and jaw line. You may consider consulting several reputable facial plastic surgeons so you could see what might be best for you.

Wishing you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and neck liposuction candidate

Neck and chin liposuction are performed when  there are fatty deposits in the neck. The sub-mental fat can be removed with traditional liposuction. If there is fatty deposits located in the sub-platysmal space, a neck lift with platysma plasty was required to remove it. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

This should work well for you

Based on the pictures, you appear to be a superb candidate for chin and neck liposuction.

Make an appointment with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons to get a definitive answer.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction

Yes, you are a good candidate since you have good skin elasticity at this age and the fullness is quite nicely recontoured with this type of procedure. Quick recovery as well.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon