500CC too large? And, do I need a lift? (photos)

I had a BA 16 years ago, saline 360 cc mod profile. I would like to replace mine with silicone. I would also like larger breasts. My questions: do I need a lift? Is 500cc too large? Can I even out my breasts with new implants? I'm 5'7 and medium to large boned.

500CC too large? And, do I need a lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.   Breast lifting does not appear to be indicated.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” or "too large" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Is 500 cc too large?

Obviously and online assessment isn't complete but looking at your photos and listening to your goals I could offer some advice.  Going up to a 500 cc implant will take you up about one cup size.  If that is your goal then I don't think 500 cc is too big.  You are tall and could likely accommodate that volume.  I'd recommend a high profile implant to avoid looking too wide.  Also, it does not appear that you would require a lift.  Talk to your surgeon about your goals and Best Wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, #breastimplants #implants #cosmeticsurgery #tmbcosmeticsurgery

Dear Abracadabra1982
Thank you for your question and photos! You do not appear to need a lift from your photos- however- I would reserve that until you have had an in person consult. A 500 cc implant should be fine, allowing for a larger implant on one side.
With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

500CC too large? And, do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question.  If you'd like to go bigger, going at least 100c more to a range of 450-500cc would seem appropriate.  One breast is sagging more than the other and would likely require a lift to achieve better symmetry.  You would need an exam to get a more accurate assessment.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implant Replacement/Lift

It isn't uncommon for a patient to replace their implant after 16 years. Your surgeon could do some measurements to help guide you as far as how large of an implant fits your frame but based on your height/weight and photos, a 500cc implant seems like a appropriate range. Adding a breast lift can provide more of a predictable outcome as far as symmetry rather than just the implant, however adding the breast lift will add additional cost and scaring. I recommend seeking the opinion of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision questions

It is certainly reasonable to replace your saline implants after 16 years.  If you want to be larger than you currently are, I typically recommend an increase of at least 100 cc to notice a difference.  An increase of 140 cc to a 500 for you should be reasonable.  Your shape appears to be fairly well-preserved, but you do have some asymmetry in size and nipple position.  Although new, different implants could even this out somewhat, you can get more significant correction with a breast lift.  Of course, a lift entails more cost, risk, and scarring so those factors need to be taken into account.
Seek a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in revisionary breast surgery for a more thorough discussion of your options.

Lift or just implants?

Implants do not lift the breast to any significant degree.  You would have to be seen in person to determine what might be appropriate. Best of luck.