5+ years post-surgical labiaplasty pain. (photos)

Many years post-surgery I am realizing a dull, numb pain that runs from my right side. I had an original labiaplasty that went horrible, and then a revision that went reasonably well but left one side bigger than the other. There is a mini "ridge" that sticks out on the right side, near my clitoris. I'm not sure what it is or why it is there. I believe this may be where the pain is coming from but I'm really not sure. I've attached a photo of the ridge. Thanks for your help!

5+ years postsurgical labiaplasty pain.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would recommend seeing a labiaplasty surgeon in consultation for an evaluation of your area of pain and possible revision of your labiaplasty.  This would allow for improved aesthetics and removal of the tissue ridge.  Hope this helps.

Pain after labiaplasty

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques. Your painful area can almost certainly be removed and reconstructed as you have considerable tissue remaining to move around.  You can have a better appearance in addition to probable elimination of the pain. The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D. 

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD

Pain five years after botched and rebotched labiaplasty

You could try a steroid injection for the pain. For the aesthetics, I would suggest you include the clitoral hood in a revision.

5 years of painful sex following wedge labiaplasty

Thank you for your post and excellent photos. Sorry to hear about your bad experience following your Labiaplasty. You have a common scar (mini "ridge") resulting from your wedge method Labiaplasty causing your discomfort. This can be revised as an in-office procedure at the time of correcting the asymmetry and persistent redundant lateral prepuce.

Please do your research and find an expert cosmetic vaginal surgeon with experience in revision Labiaplasty and hood reduction.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist