36 year old mother of twin boys, looking for a solution for abdominal and love handles fat (Photo)

which treatments would be good for me to achieve the best results. I had consults and been told lipo 360 by 1 surgeon, lipo plus tummy tuck by another, & cool sculpting by another. I had a csection, negligble strcthmarks. I have 5'7 and weigh 130lbs and am generally skinny & active. My questions 1) which procedure (lipo, tummy tuck, cs, would be best for me 2) if I did just a lipo, does it look like I could have lose skin? 3) is it possible to do lipo on local anesthesia or IV sedation?

Solution for abdominal and love handles fat

A liposuction procedure is not recommended because you seem to have stretched and excess skin especially in your lower abdominal region. An abdominoplasty procedure may be more advisable if you are suitable as it takes care of the excess skin and would give you a better contour. It will also improve the shape of your abdomen. However you would need to understand that you will be left with a large scar

London Plastic Surgeon

36 year old mother of twin boys, looking for a solution for abdominal and love handles fat

Thank you for your question. Looking at your photo it appears that the fullness of your abdomen in from a little adipose (fatty tissue), but mostly from the stretching and attenuation of the abdominal wall muscles and fascia. This being the case, I do not think liposuction or Coolsculpting will give satisfactory results as the major issue is not addressed. The fascia needs to be tightened to give your tummy that flat appearance.
Liposuction of the hips/flanks will complete the midsection transition and give you the trimmer waist you appear to be seeking. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

#miniabdominoplasty #liposuction

the only way to obtain an honest and accurate opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon is with an in person consultation.Based on the limited info obtained from your pictures it appears that you are one of the few patients that are adequate candidates for a mini abdominoplasty and liposuction with or without fat grafting.The most important factor in obtaining a good result from your cosmetic surgery is the surgeon you elect to perform it, be sure you seek the help of a surgeon  member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Separated six-pack

From your posture, it looks like you have diastasis of the rectus abdominus muscles (separation of the six-pack) in addition to loose skin.  It is caused by stretching of the abdominal muscle layer during pregnancy.  It causes a tummy bulge that is not just fat, but rather lack of support for your internal organs.  An in-person examination would be needed to determine whether this is true.  
If you have separated muscles, then liposuction alone would not only leave loose skin, it could also fail to get rid of the tummy bulge.  A tummy tuck which includes repair of the muscles, tightening of the skin, and liposuction of the love handles would be the best option in this situation.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pregnancy history and  pictures, you will likely be best off undergoing tummy tuck surgery; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information (especially your personal goals). 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Abdominal options

Thank you for your question.By looking at the photos you posted I would suggest a tummy tuck and liposuction of the hips. This would take care of the extra skin of the abdomen and fullness of the hips. My concern with liposuction alone would be that it would leave you with loose skin of the abdomen. But without seeing you in person it is difficult to know for sure what you need. Good luck with your decision.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon