I'm 3 weeks post op. Why are they still very different? (Photo)

I have a protruding rib and ps put same implants both sides 450 cc hp under. Since the first day out I noticed there was still the same issues of sizing. Ps told me he would play around with implants but assured me they look spectacular on the table . Have I been botched ?

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

They are not twins

You will always have two somewhat different breasts despite anyone's best efforts.
When people have asymmetric bony anatomy, you can try using different implants but that can affect the breast shape and sometimes it is better to use the same implants on both sides, as that won't give you perfect symmetry but would look better than two different implants.
At 3 weeks you are still early on in your healing.  Although you do look like you might need some touch up, it's too early to come to that conclusion and I would recommend you wait full three months for things to settle.  If at that time things are not acceptable, you can then discuss a potential touch up with your surgeon

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants

The photos you posted are not showing all the things I would need to make an evaluation.  Asymmetries are the norm.  

I'm 3 weeks post op. Why are they still very different?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks to months as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Usually, final results will be seen 4-6 months postop. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. It is not uncommon for one breast to settle more quickly than the other due to swelling, dissection, or muscle tightness. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down or implant exchange/revision. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

3 weeks post op

Thank you for your photos and question. Certainly it is quite early to judge final results. Your breasts are still in the healing process and implants are still trying to settle. Keep in mind that one side of our body does not necessarily heal like the other and so differences during the healing process is very normal. Be sure to have sufficient follow ups with your board certified plastic surgeon during your recovery to address any of your concerns. Good luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Uneven

You are very early in your healing phase and have two different breasts which may not respond in the exact same manner. You need time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle. If you are very dominate one-handed, the implants may not settle at the same time. Please follow all your post operative instructions, and discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon. In time, you may find that they become much more similar.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon