22, Male, Uncomfortable with Nose - Rhinoplasty Viability? (Photos)

Hello, I'm uncomfortable with the shape of my nose and it's appearance, especially from a profile view. I feel like the bump on my nose is very protruding which makes my nasal bone appear non existent. I wanted a straighter appearance. I understand that a surgeon would need to take a more comprehensive look of my nose, but based off what is seen here, is it doable? I don't want any breathing problems, and neither do I want to not have a nose . Thoughts?

Rhinoplasty

Yes, a rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of your nose id very possible. You should go for a consultation.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hump Removal w/o disturbing structural support

Hello EnEnEn,

Thank you for the question. Based on your pictures, it is possible to remove the hump of your nose without disturbing the structural cartilage and bony support of your nose with a rhinoplasty. Protection and/or reconstruction of this structure is very important to prevent postoperative breathing difficulties. I would not change the projection and rotation of the tip of your nose, since they look very pleasant for a male nose. 

Regards,

Guray 

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Male rhinoplasty

Do not let anyone touch your tip, if by any chance the angle of your tip get a little higher you will end with a feminine look. your bridge can easily be treated in a rhinoplasty with a closed approach.

best of luck, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD