20 y/o Female. Chinese and Swedish, 100 lb significant weight loss. Face-lift qualification? And options! (Photo)

I've gone ahead gotten breast implants as soon as I turned 18. My face structure/skin elasticity speaks for itself, is all I can say! 220lbs- currently residing at a steady 120 lbs, 5'1. Willing to save enough money or quality for medicard within the next 3 or so years. What procedures would you say would be excellent for my self-esteem? Not excluding cheek, and chin implants! Long lasting lift and restoration of my youth. Like a facelift or revision there of? Thank you!

Massive weight loss patients sometimes are candidates for a facelift that an early age.

It does indeed look like you would aesthetically benefit from a facelift. This is something you should discuss with your plastic surgeon in spite of your young age the way changes in the face of created a situation that can be treated favorably with a facelift.

Facial restoraton after massive weight loss

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

Congratulations on your weight loss. A great achievement.
An exam is needed to make reliable recommendations.
Your options would include
  • cheek implants
  • Chin implant or extended chin implant possibly - a photo is needed
  • Face lift and mid-face lift
  • An examination with assessment of skin laxity and your goals is essential.
  • You are lovely and surgery after your weight loss should give you the result you want.
  • These operations will be self-pay, not covered by national health.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

20 y/o Female. Chinese and Swedish, 100 lb significant weight loss. Face-lift qualification? And options!

Congratulations on your weight loss!. I think you look great and certainly do not appear to need a facelift. If your skin feels lax consider non surgical skin tightening -Ulthera. Filler injections to the mid face-Voluma or Perlane can lift the cheek skin and help the nasolabial fold. A chin implant could help facial balance.

Be sure to consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Options

WOW  congrats on your weight loss. generally the answers to the questions on this site are very similar.  the fact that you are getting so many different answers tells me that you need to be very careful in what you choose to do. seek several opinions from qualified surgeons.    also don't sell yourself short with your appearance now.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Thanks for this question.

Congratulations on the weight loss. That is fantastic.

You are absolutely not a candidate for a facelift. You are way too young and don't have the problems that a facelift would treat.

There are many non-surgical options available i.e. skin care, fillers and maybe a little Botox. They can make a really nice difference.

Facial recontouring after massive weight loss

Wow! That is a great achievement!
You should not consider a facelift or any variation of one at your age.
I would recommend that you consider fillers for facial contouring and volume replacement and, possibly, a chin implant to balance the lower part of your face and provide more structure. I am certain that this would give you the desired outcome you are looking for at a much lower cost, risk and time off.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your face looks too good to benefit from facelift surgery at your young age even with 100lbs. of weight loss!

Hello sierraspence15,
Thanks for your question.
Congratulations on your weight loss.  100lbs. is quite an accomplishment!
Looking at your face, I can tell you that a facelift is simply not the procedure for you.
You are only 20 years old and you have maximum collagen and skin elasticity.
Your neck and jawline appear tight.
The only thing I can see in the pics is that you have moderate descent of your cheek fat pad.
Expertly performed cheek implants can bring your cheeks back up into a more youthful position.
You certainly could try injectable filler or fat grafting to your cheeks.
These various methods have risks and benefits that you need to understand before you make a decision.
A picture from the side would help in determining if a chin implant is necessary.  
The endpoint of self-esteem is a tough issue to go after.  I find the patients who already have good self-esteem are better candidates for facial plastic surgery.  
You need to define for yourself the areas of your face that actually bother you.
You also need to define for yourself how much any area of your face bothers you.
It has been my experience that the massive weight loss patient needs extra counseling to really understand their motivations and undertake facial plastic surgery in a healthy manner.
A consultation with a facial plastic surgeon is a must.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon