2 weeks post BL / BA concerned with side bulge? (Photos)

I am 2 weeks post breast lift with implants and am concerned with the swelling on the side of my breasts. I know it's very early and swelling is normal but will this ugly side boob bulge go down or is this the new shape of my breasts?

Concern of Bulge at 2 Weeks Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Concern of Bulge at 2 Weeks Post-Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Respectfully 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling , some advices:

Respectfully 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Side bulge

Hello, it is feasible that the side bulge is due to swelling and it could improve with time.  Your surgeon can continue to follow this along with you to ensure it improves.

Side bulge

Side bulge

The side bulge may be related to swelling or how the fatty tissue and skin that was present before surgery and that you just notice now.  If it is from swelling, then it will likely improve on its own.

Side bulge

Likely to go down; likely pre-existing

In these cases, it is fairly commonplace to add liposuction to the area in question.  Nonetheless, it will likely get better as swelling resolves.

Likely to go down; likely pre-existing