10 days post op; weird and uneven shape breasts? (Photos)

I am currently 10 days post op and even though I know that I am months away from a final product I feel like my breasts are very uneven and the shape of each of them are so different it is even noticeable with my shirt on. Are there any indicators that they may not turn out even and nicely shaped? I am almost embarrassed right now. I expected a transition period but I didn't think I would look weird in the meantime. I was a small B cup and had 400cc gummy bear implants done.

10 days post op; weird and uneven shape breasts?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks to months as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Usually, final results will be seen 4-6 months postop.  Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately.  It is not uncommon for one breast to settle more quickly than the other due to swelling, dissection, or muscle tightness.  If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down or implant exchange/revision. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Breasts at ten days

At ten days you are very early in the recovery and it will take several months for the implants to settle.  Best of luck.

Normal healing process

At only 10 days it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 3-4 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implants tend to always sit high initially...you will have to give your body adequate time to heal to allow ALL of the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. This can take a good 4-6 months before you see your final result. Best to follow up with your operating surgeon in the meantime. Good luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in recovery and your implants have not yet dropped into their final position.  I am assuming that your implants were placed beneath the chest muscle which tends to hold the implants higher during the initial period of your recovery.  Please follow closely with your plastic surgeon and ask if you may start breast implant displacement exercises and pectoralis muscle contraction exercises.  Your implants should drop significantly over the next 3 months.