1 month and a half post rhinoplasty my nose looks long and bulbous I'm quite anxious.

I had my rhinoplasty surgery about a month and a half ago, i had a hump removed and the tip of my nose was bulbous so my surgeon said he would narrow it. The hump is gone, and there is a slight curve, however the tip of my nose is very hard and really bulbous, I am assuming its because of the swelling however it is making my nose appear very long. Ive become really anxious and wish my nose looked shorter, as the swelling subsides will it shrink and look less long? please help.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

The swelling in your nose will take up to a year to completely resolve. It is still early in the game for you. As the swelling resolves you will be able to get a better sense of the changes and new look to your nose. The 1 year mark is the time to start critically analyzing the final result. All the best,

Dr. Brace

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

At this stage of the game, you are likely very swollen and you will have to give yourself more time to heal.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. Your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. You still have some swelling which can cause the appearance of a bulbous tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon