Torn Skin or Muscle Pain in Abdomen. What Kind of Doctor Do I Need to See to Get This Fixed?

Doctor Answers 3

Abdominal Pain. Who do I see?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks so much for your question.  It's always good to see either an internal medicine doctor or very likely a general surgeon when it comes to diagnosing that particular kind of pain.  If the pain is from an abdominal hernia then a general surgeon is likely your best bet.  Good luck.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Abdominal pain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are having abdominal pain my suggestion would be to start with your internal medicine physician or a general surgeon to determine the etiology of the problem.  

Jeffrey Zwiren, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 20 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Abdominal pain should be seen by a general surgeon in an urgent fashion if you are extreme pain I would suggest calling 911

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.