Torn Ear Lobe Repair?

I am looking for a surgeoun in the Portland area that can help with my problem. My ear lobes were stretched to quite a large size for years. In an unfortunate event my baby nephew ripped one in half. I had plastic surgery to have it reattached. The area has thinned out quite a bit. I do not want to have my ear closed up but just reattached with strength so be able to stretch again.

Hi There,

Here is a link below that may help you with your research. It should direct you to our doctors that specialize in Ear Lobe Surgery in your area.

Hopefully this helps!

Doctor Answers 3

Earlobe repair

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is an unfortunate problem.   I would recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.   You can expect significant improvement, but the lobe may require signifcant tissue arrangement to repair.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Ear lobe

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

a great place to start is with a board certified plastic surgeon/physician that is listed with this site called real self

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobe repair using local anesthesia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I perform ear lobe repair under local anesthesia with layered surgical closure to minimize recurrence of the tear. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.