I was banded in 2007, and I'm scheduled to get a fill in a couple of weeks. Should I be on a special diet?

I was banded in 2007 roughly two years later I had to have all fluid removed bc I had food lodged in there. At that time insurance no longer covered my fills so I decided to not go back due to not being able to afford the full. Now I am scheduled to get a fill in a couple weeks and I am wondering if after 5 years of eating whatever I want should I do a special diet before my fill.

No special diet

You don't need to be on a special diet prior to fills. Some want you not to have eaten an hour or two before fills. If it has been a while you might need to get an upper GI to see what things look like. 

Scottsdale Bariatric Surgeon