Need suggestions and help for fat transfer removal?

When I was 19 (ten years ago) I had a fat transfer done to my cheeks by dr Richard Ellenbogen in LA. It was an awful experience. He was completely compassionless. Now, at 29 I'm wondering if there is a way to reverse this. I never got used to the chipmunk cheeks. I am looking for any specialists who have done this before in the LA area, as well as what the suggested procedure would be. I feel that it's possible he may have put fat in my jawline as well without informing me on his plans.

Fat Transfer Removal

Thank you for your question.  I have been doing this procedure since 1993.  This is a complex subject.  Fat can be removed from your face but the surgeon must be skilled at this procedure.  There is a delicate balance to the face and the proportions of the face must remain.  Once fat is transferred, it lives as fat in the new area.  Therefore, it must be treated in a special way.  I am happy to review your photographs and discuss the possibilities.  I utilize fat on every facelift to achieve certain results.  I have taken fat out of faces when it is in the wrong place.  After training with Dr. Bruce Connell and Dr. Sydney Coleman, there is a unique balance to the face that must remain.  The shape of the face is altered with fat transfer and this changes the delicate balance.  The lifting of the face is necessary at some point and this solves another problem.  In my practice, I combine the 2 procedures for a great result. 

Warmest regards,

Dr. Walton Montegut

Fat Transfer Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Warmest regards,

Dr. Walton Montegut

Reversal a facial fat transfer

There is no way to remove the actual grafted fat since it's diffusely in bedded in your own natural tissues.

At times there may be a single firm nodule that can be directly surgically excised. Sometimes natural fat can be removed with liposuction to compensate for previously grafted fat.

Another option is to add volume in other areas to create a more balanced look.

There are no experts in reversing facial fat transfer.

Many plastic surgeons will be willing to work with you but this will definitely require an in person consultation to get an accurate assessment to see what can actually be done.

I would start making a list of plastic surgeons who focus more on facial aesthetics and start making consultations.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Reversal a facial fat transfer

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Getting Rid of Chipmunk Cheeks-Fat Transfer Removal, Fillers, Venus Legacy, Botox

I recommend a formal consultation with an expert in facial contouring. Fat removal to the cheeks is a fairly straight forward procedure and they should go. I typically have patients do venus legacy treatments and fillers after implant removal to keep the space filled and tight. The jawline can be reshaped with Botox, if necessary.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer