How long after full TT and breast lift and Augmentation is it OK to travel for family vacation?

I have a full TT and Breast lift and augmentation scheduled for Aug. 19th. I am a healthy 36 yr old, no existing medical conditions, in decent shape., and about 5 pounds from my ideal weight. We have a family trip scheduled for Disney World leaving Oct. 7th. This is exactly 7 weeks after my surgery. I am just wondering if I will be OK to enjoy the vacation with my family? Can I swim 7 weeks after? Will walking a lot be an issue? I would appreciate any thoughts or input. Thanks so much!!!

Vacationing After a Mommy Makeover

Most patients are good to #travel 4 weeks after a #MommyMakeover. You should ask your plastic surgeon for specific advice per your procedure. Additionally, I would suggest you wear #TED #hose and also make a point to move about on the aircraft when feasible to prevent DVT.

I typically advise 8-12 weeks...

A mommy makeover like you are having is a great way to deal with all of the areas of your body that have been changed by pregnancy, but do realize it is a big surgery and there is significant down time afterwards.Your plan for vacation 7 weeks post-op usually would work out fine, but realize that if there are any ‘glitches’ or setbacks in healing you may not be able to participate in activities like swimming or sports.If there are ANY open spots in your incisions or stitches poking out they act as access points for infection (especially in public pools, lakes and sea water).It will be very important for you to be extremely careful to follow instructions/restrictions during your early healing in order to prevent wound breakdown or cause slow healing.I also would recommend you see your surgeon in the week before your trip so he/she can make sure you are ready for those activities.I usually recommend that my patient plan surgery at least 8-12 weeks before any important events or trips so they do not take a chance of getting caught in that situation and not be at their best or able to enjoy themselves when the time comes.If at all possible you might think about moving your surgery up a little or vacation back to take the pressure off.Good luck with surgery and enjoy your trip!

Ask your surgeon but it may be okay

If your recovery goes smoothly, it should be okay to do the activities you've described. Make sure to keep your incisions covered up, though, since tanning them can make them look worse. 

Vacation

Thank you for your question.  At seven weeks post-op you should be fine to do the activities you have described.  Be sure to seek the advice of your surgeon first, though.  Also, make sure that you are listening to your body, as you will still be in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Should be ok but ask your surgeon

You should be fine to travel and swim 7 weeks post-op. However, this is best to be discussed in person with your plastic surgeon and also depends on how you heal. 

Traveling Post Procedures

Congratulations on your decision to have plastic surgery. Without seeing you in person and knowing your
health history, it is impossible to say. However, in general, my patients are completely fine to travel at seven weeks. Be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon directly as they will appreciate the open communication. Best to you and have fun at Disney. –Dr. Coan.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Vacation

As long as your recovery is going well and you’re healing normally, you should be able to go on your family vacation, walk and swim with no issues 7 weeks out. I recommend discussing your plans with your PS for more specific instructions and recommendations. Make sure to keep your scars covered so they are out of the sun. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Post operative travel

This is a question for you chosen surgeon. In general, as long as there are no complications you should be fine for your trip and swimming by 7 weeks. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Timing of travel after mommy makeover.

Provided there are no complications you should be fine for your vacation seven weeks after mommy makeover. Specific restrictions overactivity and exposure to swimming pool or ocean water will come from your own surgeon.

DisneyWorld at 7 weeks.

At 7 weeks you should be able to travel and  resume normal activities.  Swimming should be fine barring any wound healing problems.  My patients wear an abdominal binder for 6 weeks after surgery.  Many choose to wean themselves off the binder over the 7th or 8th week because of the support that it lends so be aware that your core muscles may still have some intermittent soreness with some activities.  Discuss your travel plans with your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon