Botched trim labiaplasty is it fixable? (photo)

My surgeon is giving me a revision in a few days. I am currently 33 days post op. I can't even find my urethra because skin is all in weird places that it wasn't before. I am so upset I can't stop crying. Can it be fixed to appear more natural?

Is Botched Labiaplasty Fixable?

Swelling after labiaplasty takes 3 to 6 months to resolve.  Waiting six months allows visualization of the final result. The downside of having an early revision is that there is still swelling, which can mask what the final appearance would be. 

Because a revision is sometimes a one-good-chance type of procedure, it can be helpful to get a second opinion from an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with good before-and-after photos of labiaplasty. A revision can be more difficult than doing the original surgery.

All the best.

For more information, click on the link below.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Botched labiaplasty

I reviewed your photo. NO attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is much more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. I may recommend clitoral hood flaps to reconstruct your labia if your surgeon left enough remaining clitoral hood. If he operates now, there is a good chance you CANNOT be helped. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

33 days too early for revision involving previous suture lines.

33 days is too early for any revision that will include cutting and re-suturing into the area(s) previously operated upon. WAIT! and get a second opinion from an experienced genital plastic/gynecologic surgeon. You may be wishing a clitoral hood/.upper labial separation, and this should wait and ONLY be performed by a surgeon skilled and experienced in hood/labial separation and this is an entirely different surgery from standar labiaplasty.

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

A labiaplasty revision at 33 days is too soon, foolish and prone to failure. Don't do it.

Your sutures will not hold at 33 days. It takes at least 3-6 months for the labial tissues to regain full strength and revascularization. These are critical for proper healing. Operating sooner is a recipe for failure. If you don't want to get messed up a second time. Hold off for 6 months and get a second opinion from an expert. No expert would do a revision so soon.

Labiaplasty

It seems that your previous surgeon left you with too much skin.  This is definitely "fixable".  Be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in labiaplasty procedure and has an extensive photo gallery. This will help ensure a good result and optimal aftercare.

Botched trim labiaplasty is it fixable?

I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time post operatively. It does appear, based on your photo, that there is some asymmetry presents which is likely contributing to your disappointment in the appearance.  At 33 days post op, I would not recommend revision, as the area is still healing from the original surgery. Most surgeons will typically wait 3-6 months from the original surgery before offering revisions. At this time, it may be prudent to seek out a second opinion to determine what your options are. If you are moving forward with your current surgeon, make sure you both agree upon the procedure and that you both understand the outcome you are hoping for.

Revision

Good morning!

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.  It is always difficult to tell with certainty exactly what the issue is but it appears that a bit too much labial tissue might have been removed.  A few different things can be done to help improve the situation including some micro fat grafts to help elongate your labia. 

I suggest seeing a surgeon with a lot of labiaplasty experience that can best counsel you on your next move.  I would also counsel to wait at least another 8 weeks before considering another procedure to see insure that any residual swelling has receded.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Botched trim labiaplasty is it fixable?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I see your areas of concern and would recommend seeking a series of second opinions with labiaplasty surgeons for the best revision procedure to help you improve upon your current appearance.  At 33 days your tissues are still recovering from your original labiaplasty and I would wait a longer period of time before pursuing a second surgery.  Additionally your labia minora were largely removed but your lateral clitoral hood tissue left intact.  This tissue may be used to reconstruct your labia, although there appears to be an irregular repair.  As you want your next surgery to be your last, seek out a specialist at labiaplasty reconstructions.  Best wishes.