How will the chin implant effect the proportion of my lower face? (Photos)

This may see a bit confusing, but I was wondering if a chin implant can do two things. First one is if it makes my chin look longer downwards because all of the before and after pictures I've see are mostly outwards. The second question is can it give me a prominent butt chin if I so desire. I'll put a picture below so you can see what I'm talking about when I mean downwards. Thank you so much.

Chin implant candidate

A full set of photographs of the face are required to make a determination being a candidate  for a chin implant, since the mandible and the implants are both three-dimensional structures. The primary goal of a chin implant are to give forward projection. The secondary goal is to give added width. The tertiary or minor goal is to give vertical height of just a couple millimeters. For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many examples, please see the link and the video below

How will the chin implant effect the proportion of my lower face?

Dear rvillalvazo

As you have alluded to, chin implants are not the proper management of vertical chin deficiency. Chin implants will noticeably improve your chin projection and minimally increase the appearance of your chins vertical height. They are a simpler and easier alternative to a sliding genioplasty. If you want case specific information, posting your own photographs or seeing an experienced and well trained plastic surgeon will be helpful to you.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

The front view of the face will determine if the vertical thirds (upper, mid and lower) portions are of equal size which is most often the case when the chin is weak.  It's rare that the lower section, although it often "looks" shorter when the chin is weak, truly is shorter.  Chin Implants have extended wings to provide an anatomical, natural result.  The implant is placed to create forward projection which provides the harmony and balance to the face.

Hope this helps.