Do you know any ways to get rid of this dark flat scar? (photos)

I got it when I was young and my cousin had scratched me. When he scratched me, it was white. As white as my skin tissue meat. When I first got it, my mother had put cocoa butter on it, and that darken it up quite a bit. From then, I've had the scar forever. I'm afraid that it might stay "forever, forever". But it has been clearing up a bit. But I want it to clear up more faster and quicker. And have no leftover or sign of the scar. Please help.

Dark flat scar on darker skin tone

There are a few treatments you can do as well as home care products that would help.  

I would recommend microneedling treatments to lighten the scar and help the pigment become more even.  At home you can use a prescription hydroquinone cream up to 8% depending on where you get the prescription.  In addition, Lytera Skin Brightening Cream by Skin Medica twice a day has clinically shown to have similar benefits to hydroquinone over the course of ninety days.  

While using these products and doing these treatments I recommend strict avoidance of the sun and using mineral based spf such as Elizabeth Arden Rx Triple Protection Factor Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50+.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dark Scar

Thank you for posting your question. There are many options for treating dark spots. Hydroquinone bleaching cream can help lightening them. IPL intensive pulse light treatments can also help lightening scars and making them less noticeable. As of now, I recommend putting on sunscreen and avoiding sunlight exposure to reduce further hyperpigmentation. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Help for Scars--peels, skin care and lasers

I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation. This can be improved with a combination of peels, skin care and lasers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.