TT w/lipo of the flanks ABD and upper back? (Photos)

So my surgery is July 6th and I am freaking out. I'm so nervous about being put under and the pain afterwards. I am a overall healthy person. I have been nicotine free for 3 weeks now. I'm 5"1 and weigh 145lbs. I know anything can happen to anyone at anytime.... but I feel selfish that I am having this elective surgery. I'm just looking for some re-assurance that I should be ok. I've been reading a lot, I am scared of being incubated. My PS is board certified. Any tips/suggestions?

Feeling Nervous Prior To A Surgery Is Normal

I always tell patients that it is normal to feel nervous prior to surgery. This is a new experience for you. It is true that anything can happen with cosmetic surgery; however, thousands of surgeries are performed every day and the vast majority of patients do very well. Intubation, placing a breathing tube in the throat during surgery is the most common and probably the safest way of having a general anesthetic. 

Good luck,

Dr. White

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good luck,

Dr. White

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo

Thanks for the question. Its good to know that your surgeon is a board certified.  I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck with lipo abdomen

Hi , Congratulations for deciding to improve your figure by plastic surgery. In your case it seems from pictures that you have disproportionate amount of fat and some loose skin on your abdomen and waistline. This is usually resistant to weight loss and surgery is indicated. Its a common surgery and if you are healthy , if your plastic surgeon ,  anaesthetist are board certified and if the facility is accredited, you need tot worry. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck with lipo abdomen

Surgery

It is normal to be nerved prior to surgery.  You have to take a deep breath and have faith that you made the right choice after your research and decision to choose your doctor.

Surgery

TT w/lipo of the flanks ABD and upper back?

You appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction procedure.  I generally offer this advice to my patients who are anxious before surgery.  Being anxious is normal but being scared or frightened is not in your best interest.  If you have made up your mind that you wish to proceed then adopting a positive outlook and an optimistic perspective will help you get through the surgery with minimal difficulty and make it easier and smooth recovery.  Think very positively about the changes that will occur and the reason for your proceeding.  Do not worry about what may happen under anesthesia since it is very rare for someone to have a complication of that sort with elective surgery.  Think positively and enjoy your results,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California
IG: jonperlmanmd

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California
IG: jonperlmanmd

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Surgical Anxiety

So my surgery is July 6th and I am freaking out. I'm so nervous about being put under and the pain afterwards.

It is normal to feel anxious.  In my practice I am using alot of non narcotics (Gabapentin, Lidoderm Patches, Voltaren Gel, .25 of Xanax combined with things like Norco).  This seems to help the post operative pain quite well.  DISCUSS YOUR POST OPERATIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT WITH YOUR SURGEON.

I am a overall healthy person. I have been nicotine free for 3 weeks now. I'm 5"1 and weigh 145lbs. I know anything can happen to anyone at anytime.... but I feel selfish that I am having this elective surgery. 

This is a common feeling.  The way I look at it is that we do non surgical things to look and feel better about ourselves.  I can't tell you how many times people's lives have been changed with a brief amount of surgery in comparison to the entire span of their lives. The areas that you are getting done are really hard to get rid of with exercise alone.  I see folks do it, but its rare. My recommendation is that you quit smoking all together, start exercising and eating whole foods. Stop the carbs!

I'm just looking for some re-assurance that I should be ok. I've been reading a lot, I am scared of being incubated. My PS is board certified. Any tips/suggestions

Having anesthesia with you is very safe.  There is a lot that goes into making you comfortable and safe.

I hope that helps!

Congratulations

Dr. Dillon

Surgical Anxiety

I hope that helps!

Congratulations

Dr. Dillon

TT with liposuction

it is totally normal to be anxious when having a elective surgical procedure. Your pictures confirm that you are a good candidate for this surgery and I anticipate you will be happy with the postoperative result .

I would discuss these anxieties with your surgeon. You should be in good hands with a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon and you need to trust your surgeon .

TT with liposuction

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very normal to feel nervous before surgery.   When performed by an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon, this is a very safe procedure.   Based on your photograph, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question. It would be quite unnatural to not have some anxiety about an impending surgery, but I applaud you for reaching out for reassurance. Be confidant that you have made the right decision for you and you alone. Entering surgery with a positive mindset will make the recovery that much easier. The majority of patients do quite well with a tummy tuck, and if there were questions about your ability to have the surgery performed, your physician would have discussed these with you. There is a natural "blue" period after surgery due to the pain and activity restrictions placed on you and this may remain for the first 2-3 weeks after surgery.  After this period most patients start to feel better as they start to see their surgical results and their comfort improves.  It's hard to consider, but try and remain at ease and enjoy the process.  

Feeling Nervous Prior to Surgery

It is very normal to have feelings of guilt and worry prior to surgery. If they are overwhelming you I would ask your physician  or nurse coordinator to meet and talk with you again about your specific plan, that may put your mind at east. You have a BS PS as you mentioned and I would assume then as well that you are in an accredited surgery center with BC anesthesia MD's. Keep up the good work, not smoking prior to surgery is so important! Best of Luck.

Feeling Nervous Prior to Surgery