Do I need a simple upper eyelid lift or do I need something more complex to address my uneven saggy eyelids? (photos)

I'm half Asian and 40 years old, and as I have aged the uneven crease in one eye has caused my eyelid to droop lower than the other. I am willing to do corrective surgery (blepharoplasty) but I want to make sure that i get the right surgery. I just want symmetrical looking eyes while still retaining my Asian look, and I want my eyelids to have a single crease in the right spot without looking hollow.

Doctor Answers 2

Asian Blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and photos. You require upper blepharoplasty to obtain your desired appearance. Care must be given to avoid over-correcting your problem and meticulous detail must be given to placing the incision in the precise location required for a good result. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment options.  Good luck,

Asian Eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You would be a great candidate for injection of fat to restore the lost volume to your upper eyelids along with removal minor amount of redundant skin. The tired look is related to the bags under the eyes which can be improved significantly as well by partial removal of the protruding fat bags and fat injection to make the lids more energetic and restore the glow that they had in the included pictures.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.