Is it normal for the areas of the skin that was treated for laser tattoo removal to still be pink after 3 weeks? (photos)

If it is normal for the skin to stay pink after 3 weeks, how long does it typically take for the skin to return to normal?

Redness after Tattoo Removal

The healing time of tattoo removal is 2-4 weeks. The redness you are experiencing can last a few days to a few weeks. If you are experiencing any pain please contact your treating physician.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo Removal/Redness after Treatment/Normal?--Redness Typical--Laser Tattoo Removal --Takes a series of treatments

Some redness post treatment is normal and your picture looks typical. Keep in mind that tattoo takes a series of treatments, so some irritation is expected. See an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Redness after Tattoo removal laser

In my experience, redness lasts a few days at most. I don't see anything worrisome at this point but please discuss with your provider. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo removal healing time

Tattoo removal healing time is usually about 2-4 weeks depending on how "strong" the laser settings were for your treatment as well your own body healing factors. Redness can last a few weeks. If it is sore touch, you should contact your provider to rule out any other issues. Good luck!