What kind of rhinoplasty do I need? (Photo)

The width of the bridge of my nose and the bump has always bothered me, and more recently the bulbous tip. I just think my nose is too big for my face. What kind of rhinoplasty procedure would you recommend?

What type of rhinoplasty?

It appears from your photos that you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty.   The goals would be to improve the profile of the nose, making the tip smaller and decreasing the nasal width.  See your board-certified plastic surgeon and good luck.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty may be considered for achieving a smaller, narrower, and less bulbous nasal appearance.

Rhinoplasty procedures may be tailored to address many concerns you have about the appearance of your nose. We prefer an open, or external approach for most patients since it facilitates visualization of the nasal skeleton. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

My first impression is that you look to have extremely thick skin and a wide nose - you must lower your expectations in terms of size reduction as your thick skin will work against this - any surgeon should be honest and discuss this openly with you . Improvements in refinement and proportions can be made with an open rhinoplasty provided the expectations are realistic 

Wide nose

You do have wide bones and wide tip which can be corrected. Pushing the bones may not be enough. On noses with significant width it may be necessary to remove a small wedge of bone between the nose bones and the septum to allow narrowing of the nose. Your tip can be narrowed with special sutures through an open technique.

Good Luck

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty can be done to reduce the your bridge and decrease the width of your entire nose including the tip to give you a more feminine appearance by making your nose proportional to your surrounding facial features. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who can show you excellent results in patients who had a nose like yours.

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is tailored for each individual.  You would need to be seen in person to determine exactly what would be best for you.  Good luck.

What kind of rhinoplasty

First of all thank you for your pictures. As to what kind of rhinoplasty you need, you need the rhinoplasty that is customized for you. There are literally hundreds of potential steps that can be done in the course of a rhinoplasty. Not everyone needs all of those steps, and no two noses are exactly the same. In general you need to have the hump reduced and the base of the nose narrowed and the tip refined so as to not be as bulbous. You appear to have thick skin, and that carries with it a unique set of challenges. A tip graft or suture technique will be needed to accomplish refinement of the tip. Again, there is no "cookie cutter" technique, but a well thought out operation by a qualified plastic surgeon should give you a nice outcome.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

What kind of rhinoplasty do I need?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty to increase the definition of your tip and reduce the width and prominence of your bridge. This would probably be best achieved with an open rhinoplasty, in my opinion. It appears that you have thicker skin and structural grafting may help with increasing definition of your tip.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon