I've decided it's time. Tummy tuck with lipo & a BBL is possible to get it done together? Want the best results possible.(photo)

Tummy tuck and bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. You will find many different opinions on this.  I frequently perform tummy tuck and bbl at the same time.  These can safely be combined in the appropriate patient. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL done simultaneously

Hi,
You may have all three procedures done at the same time, but get ready for a difficult recovery. I don't recommend it. A TT requires you to be in a recumbent position to recover. A BBL requires you to avoid laying on your back for best results. You are also not the best patient to undergo a lengthy procedure under general anesthesia due to your high BMI. There are risks and complications associated with being overweight that shouldn't be taken lightly. Please reconsider and opt for being safe. When you are ready to undergo a breast lift consider The Horndeski Method that doesn't require a vertical incision or breast implants.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

TT and BBL

Thank you for your question. They can be done simultaneously provided no health issues. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt

Different surgeons do things differently and as long as the results are good and the procedure is safe both are options.  Having said that, in our practice we perform Tummy Tucks and Brazilian Butt Lifts at the same time.  We have excellent results.  The advantage of doing them during the same surgery is that the fat from the tummy tuck flap will not be wasted and will used for augmentation of the buttock.    We generally recommend patients to be around body mass index of 30 or around the weight where they are comfortable before doing a tummy tuck.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and bbl

Yes if you are healthy with no significant medical problems you can have a tummy tuck and breast lift together.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

I've decided it's time. Tummy tuck with lipo & a BBL is possible to get it done together? Want the best results possible.(

Plastic surgeons differ regarding whether to perform simultaneous TT and BBL. In our center we often combine a TT with a BBL. Dooing so allowa for 1 operation, 1 anesthesia,  1 recuperation and can also result in some savings. You should consult with a Board Cerified PS who performs both procedures  simultaneously. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck - BBL and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.

Although possible I do not advise my patients perform these procedures together as the results are less effective when combined.

Tummy tucks when best performed require flexion at the hips to remove as much skin as possible and recovery in a reclined seated or V tucked position.

Fat transfers require no pressure over the buttocks area throughout the early recovery period which is incredibly difficult when combined with a tummy tuck.

You will likely be impairing your best results if combined.

I would recommend fat transfer to the buttocks first for maximal fat harvest and transfer followed by tummy tuck when desired final outcomes have been obtained.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers

I've decided it's time. Tummy tuck with lipo & a BBL is possible to get it done together? Want the best results possible.

If you are healthy with no significant medical issues, then you are most likely a candidate for a combination procedure. I am comfortable combining these procedures. My patients appreciate having one procedure with one recovery. I have found that you will need to plan on taking two weeks off to recover from this. Your plastic surgeon can discuss your goals with you, and the benefits and risks regarding the procedure. Good luck!