Hi I got my breast reduction march 16,2016 how long do I have to wait in order to get my nipples pierced?

Nipple piercing after breast reduction

If you had a recent breast reduction, you may want to wait until you are completely healed before considering a nipple piercing. You can also ask your surgeon.

Nipples pierced after breast reduction?

Congratulations on having undergone breast reduction procedure;  this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Your plastic surgeon will guide you when it comes to timing to proceed with nipple piercing;  in my practice, I would likely ask that you wait about 3-6 months. Make sure that whoever is doing this procedure for you is reputable and utilizes sterile technique. Best wishes for an outcome you will be very pleased with .

Nipple Piercing

Thank you for your question. It is probably safe to pierce your nipples at this point.   It is always best to discuss with your surgeon before any procedure that involves an implant.   Best wishes!

Do I have to wait in order to get my nipples pierced.

Generally you don't have to wait, just several weeks to let the tissue settle in after your breast reduction, and this will make your person placing your piercing more comfortable as well so they are sure to get things right and have you happy with the experience and result.

Nipple Piercing after Breast Reduction

Dear Shakyra Hardiman,

I would double check with your operating surgeon, but you could probably get them pierced 6 weeks after surgery. Good luck!

Breast Reduction and Nipple Piercing

I would ask your PS but I would wait until the scars have healed before piercing your nipples after your breast reduction

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon