Leg Liposuction - are my expectations realistic? (Photo)

I am a 26 year old woman who tends to keep fat in my leg area. My weight doesn't fluctuate much. I would like to get the fat taken from the tops of my outer and inner thighs (which make my legs look short). I would also like to reduce the bulk in my calves. What is the recommended method of lipo for me? Is it ok to just get those specific areas treated, or is it better to include/exclude certain areas for balance or to prevent drooping? I am open to recommendations! Thank you for your time!

Liposuction to change shape

Thank you for asking about your leg liposuction.

• I think you will be happy with liposuction of your inner and outer thighs.
  • Calf liposuction has a long, long recovery - be sure you understand what to expect before having it done.
  • You might want to consider liposuction of the flanks as well - it isn't necessary but make the result a little prettier.
  • The best technique is that used by an experienced plastic surgeon - a good plastic surgeon who does a lot of liposuction can get good results with any of the machines.
  • Yes it is ok to have specific areas treated to make them harmonize with the rest of your body.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- LEG CONTOURING

You are a candidate for  VASER hi definition contouring liposuction. This area needs a very well trained physician who does a signficant number of lower leg procedures. The legs require meticulous skill and expertise. In my practice, I frequently use liposuction for thigh, knee, calf and ankle contouring. Please consult with a VASER HI DEFINITION contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

You are an excellent candidate for a Liposculpture. With this procedure we will achieve a flat and athletic abdomen, we will accentuate your waist and improve your legs.

Felipe Amaya, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon