High profile, moderate plus, or moderate? (photos)

I am getting a BA Tuesday and still do not know for sure wether to get high profile, moderate plus, or moderate. I am currently a 34A, 19 years old, 135 lbs and 5'5. I would like a very natural look! (the first pic attached is me) I do not prefer the "done" or "fake" look. I want them to slope down and not just look like a big bubble on my chest. Also, I attached some "wish boobs" and if y'all could suggest the cc's for those that would be awesome. Thank you so much for your time.

Implant Choices

It appears that moderate plus or full could best meet your goals. Having said that the photos you've provided really range quite a lot in size and we do not know what each person began with as far as their own breast tissue and shape. There are many factors which will affect your final look.  Typically, your Plastic Surgeon takes breast measurements and then recommends a few size options which have an appropriate base width diameter for you. Were you provided with a few options? It isn't possible to predict or promise a cup size but my patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of the look they will achieve. I recommend that you ask to do some physical sizing and/or make some rice sizers based on the volumes you are provided with. Your Plastic Surgeon's office should be able to walk you through this process and help guide your choice.
All the best

Breast Implant Selection

Thanks for your question and photos.  I don't understand why surgeons pressure their patient to select an implant size or profile.  I feel that a patient is best served by making their goals clear, allowing for some flexibility and permitting the surgeon to choose what he/she thinks is the optimal implant size and profile for his/her patient at surgery.  Measurements help but the responsibility should be the surgeon's and not the patient's in my opinion.  I think that the best choice of implant is made with the use of sizers during the procedure with the patient asleep.  To answer your question, I think that you have very favorable anatomy and should obtain a very nice and natural result using either mid or mid+ profile implants that aren't excessively large.  The video above will provide some helpful information.Good luck and I'm sure you're going to enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

High profile, moderate plus, or moderate?

Thank you for your question and photos!  Based on your photo and wish pics, I would recommend at least a moderate plus profile implant with possibly a high profile depending on your chest measurements and your ultimate goals.  A moderate plus profile implant will have less fullness in the upper pole and have a less "augmented" look but I would discuss this further with your board certified plastic surgeon to see what best fits you.  Good Luck!Dr. Tag

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I think you would best be served with a moderate plus profile implant.  This would leave you with a good amount of fullness, narrow your breast gap and look more natural than a high profile implant.  Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Implant Profile for natural-looking breasts

Thank you for your question! For natural looking breasts you need an implant size that does not exceed your breast boundaries, and a non-high profile implant (high profile implants make breasts look augmented with upper-pole fullness).The implant size is best determined according to tissue-based planning with breast measurements such as breast base width, the amount of breast skin stretch, and nipple to breast fold distance under maximal stretch. I can see that you are concerned over getting fake looking breasts, and so I would like to bring to your attention the fact that breasts must follow a set ideals to be classified as natural. A recent study by Dr. Mallucci and Dr. Branford, titled “Shapes, Proportions, and Variations in breast Aesthetic Ideals,” gives us 4 set of ideals in beautiful and natural-looking breasts. They are as follows:
  • An upward pointing nipple (angled at 20 degrees)
  • A slope in the upper pole of the breast
  • A tight curvature (convexity) in the lower pole of the breast (i.e., below the nipple)
  • An upper pole to lower pole ratio of 45:55 (i.e., the percent of fill below the nipple should be 55% compared to 45% above the nipple)
If these ideals are met, then you breast will look natural.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Moderate plus

The moderate plus under the muscle would be the best option for you. Low profile are too wide and high profile would be too round 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Based on your wish photos, I would suggest moderate plus implants. High profile implants provide more volume in the upper part of the breast, making them look less natural. Regarding size, that is best decided in collaboration with your plastic surgeon. It depends on your breast dimensions. You don't want an implant that is too wide for your breasts. Good luck!